Multiply
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT

+8
toughkale
octavia
jay
hannah
noland
xjdog
henderson
wally
12 posters

Multiply :: MSAT :: Exams

Go down

The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT Empty The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT

Post by wally Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I think it's about time that we have a honest discussion about the December MSAT and how obviously easy it was. There have been over 20 200+ scorers in this administration as compared to the eight or nine or so last administration. Some individuals have been able to make nearly 35 point jumps from their first take, an increase that most of us would consider impossible under normal circumstances. I'm not the one to pick fights with the test makers, but I can believe they would deliberately make the test vary so much in difficulty from exam to exam. If this is the case then I wouldn't call it standardized at all and I'd look to the multiplication schools to start putting less emphasis/weight on these scores when evaluating our applications.

wally
General Applicant

OVR : 79
MSAT : 199
Σ : 395
Exam : 2022-11-29

toughkale and henderson disagree.

Back to top Go down

The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT Empty Re: The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT

Post by henderson Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:36 pm

look, it was a little easier and a lot of the people taking it were retakers. this isn't the first time it happened and it won't be the last.

henderson
General Applicant

OVR : Savard University
MSAT : 198
Σ : 390
Exam : 2022-11-30

Back to top Go down

The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT Empty Re: The Difficulty of the December 2022 MSAT

Post by xjdog Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:39 pm

you and anyone else who supports your position are the ones who complain that things hold you back from achieving and that you are deserving of something just because someone else is. yall are victims and it's insufferable.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

OVR : 56
MSAT : 193
Σ : 380
Exam : 2022-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by noland Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:42 pm

I honestly understand your personal frustrations, but that's what they are -- personal. You might feel like the administrations varying in difficulty (which, honestly sounds like natural variance) is unfair, but the reality is that most of us do not. I'd advise that you place your personal frustrations somewhere a little less public and not so frequently so you don't come off as someone self-centered and removed from reality.

noland
General Applicant

OVR : TBD
Σ : 395
Exam : 2022-12-21

sandals agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:34 pm

noland wrote:I honestly understand your personal frustrations, but that's what they are -- personal. You might feel like the administrations varying in difficulty (which, honestly sounds like natural variance) is unfair, but the reality is that most of us do not. I'd advise that you place your personal frustrations somewhere a little less public and not so frequently so you don't come off as someone self-centered and removed from reality.
this right here.

hannah
Goddard University ‘26

OVR : 83
MSAT : 201
Σ : 399
Exam : 2022-12-04

luck agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:42 pm

I'm a little torn, but I do think you're a little loud about it at this point. Did you test both times already? I can understand the annoyance then, as I did my second attempt already as well. I think all in all, it'll be alright though.

jay
General Applicant

OVR : 68
MSAT : 195
Σ : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by octavia Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:43 pm

jay wrote:I'm a little torn, but I do think you're a little loud about it at this point. Did you test both times already? I can understand the annoyance then, as I did my second attempt already as well. I think all in all, it'll be alright though.
what are you torn about if you took it twice already?

octavia
General Applicant

OVR : 76
MSAT : 198
Σ : 393
Exam : 2022-12-22

luck agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:46 pm

jay wrote:I'm a little torn, but I do think you're a little loud about it at this point. Did you test both times already? I can understand the annoyance then, as I did my second attempt already as well. I think all in all, it'll be alright though.
if you would've did better, you wouldn't even be thinking about how many people score in the 200s. you'd be one of them.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:46 pm

xjdog wrote:
if you would've did better, you wouldn't even be thinking about how many people score in the 200s. you'd be one of them.

I did better than you, asshole.

jay
General Applicant

OVR : 68
MSAT : 195
Σ : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:47 pm

jay wrote:
xjdog wrote:

I did better than you, asshole.
and yet, it still burns you and @wally up that you didn't do better than all of those that scored 200+ this month.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

Back to top Go down

Post by toughkale Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:49 pm

wally wrote:Hello everyone,

I think it's about time that we have a honest discussion about the December MSAT and how obviously easy it was. There have been over 20 200+ scorers in this administration as compared to the eight or nine or so last administration. Some individuals have been able to make nearly 35 point jumps from their first take, an increase that most of us would consider impossible under normal circumstances. I'm not the one to pick fights with the test makers, but I can believe they would deliberately make the test vary so much in difficulty from exam to exam. If this is the case then I wouldn't call it standardized at all and I'd look to the multiplication schools to start putting less emphasis/weight on these scores when evaluating our applications.
this is an embarrassing post. who cares about people doing better?

toughkale
General Applicant

OVR : Pike University
MSAT : 191
Σ : 382

Back to top Go down

Post by funsized Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:50 pm

toughkale wrote:

i think it's not that people are doing better but the exam was much harder for them. (not siding just trying to make things clear)

funsized
General Applicant

OVR : Bradford University
MSAT : 197
Σ : 0
Exam : 2022-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:58 pm

funsized wrote:
toughkale wrote:

i think it's not that people are doing better but the exam was much harder for them. (not siding just trying to make things clear)
I mean, I'd understand if they had their last take remaining, but I don't understand if they already did both attempts. It's not like this type of variance started this December.

logan
General Applicant

OVR : TBD
Σ : 0
Exam : 2022-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ewen Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:06 pm

There has always been natural variance with each exam administration.

Ewen
General Applicant

OVR : 78
MSAT : 201
Σ : 396
Exam : 2022-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by wyatt Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:44 pm

In my honest opinion, the test wasn't that easy.

wyatt
Elizabeth School ‘26

OVR : 96
MSAT : 210
Σ : 417
Exam : 2022-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down