Multiply
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process.

+5
diggy
wedley
keating
guy
xjdog
9 posters

Go down

Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process. Empty Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process.

Post by xjdog Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:14 pm

As the title states, Bradford is exhibiting behaviors indicative of elitism in their current admission process and it's currently being reflected in their admission results. 

As of today, Bradford has only admitted 15 applicants. That's the lowest in the Top 10 by a huge margin. The next school is literally Vale, and even then, they're only behind by 2. Vale is the number #1 school in the world, taking in only the best of the best of the best. How is that Vale only lags behind Bradford by 2 in terms of admissions this cycle?

What makes this worse is that out of the 15 applicants that have been accepted, 6 of them are applicants who have been admitted to the T20.

For those who don't know, the MSA has recently finalized the provisions to the MSAT, the MSA policy, and the admissions system. This has resulted in a new ranking system that is directly applied to all applicants in the Multiply database. In other words, every user is now officially ranked according to the metrics developed by multiplication psychometricians (which typically are your Vale grads, btw!), and that ranking is included as a part of a user's application when applying to various schools.

*It should be noted that not all schools require, or even accept, applicant rankings. While this does not inherently diminish the overall value of applicant rankings, it is important to emphasize that this aspect of the application is not in any way, shape, or form a prioritized factor of an applicant's overall candidacy.

Despite this, Bradford has directed their attention towards applicants who have been admitted to the T20. Specifically, a whopping 40% of their current admit pool is coming from the T20. While this may be appropriate for a school of the caliber of, let's say, Columbia, this is extremely peculiar and otherwise indicative of malicious intent. 

Some institutions, like Walton, Vale, Elizabeth, Huggington, and Boward, have removed the requirement for applicant rankings all together. Bradford not only embraces the new addition of applicant rankings, they are using that aspect as a means to bolster their ranking in a crooked and amazingly unethical fashion.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

OVR : 56
MSAT : 193
Σ : 380
Exam : 2022-10-22

luck, guy, Ewen, hannah, keating and wedley disagree.

Back to top Go down

Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process. Empty Re: Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process.

Post by guy Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:19 pm

this is way too far, and i really hope you delete this. it's true that 40% of them are t20 admits. however, you also agree that 15 applicants is a small amount compared to the rest of the t10. could it not be the case that early on, bradford has been admitting high-stat applicants and eventually will balance out the remaining admitted applicants will come from the larger pool of general applicants?

guy
Walton School ‘26

OVR : 97
MSAT : 213
Σ : 423
Exam : 2022-10-23

hannah and wedley agree.

keating disagrees.

Back to top Go down

Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process. Empty Re: Bradford is being incredibly elitist in their admission process.

Post by keating Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:05 pm

guy wrote:this is way too far, and i really hope you delete this. it's true that 40% of them are t20 admits. however, you also agree that 15 applicants is a small amount compared to the rest of the t10. could it not be the case that early on, bradford has been admitting high-stat applicants and eventually will balance out the remaining admitted applicants will come from the larger pool of general applicants?
i don't think it was too far, but i do think it misses the mark.  @xjdog, you shouldn't feel like you have to delete your post, but to assume this early on in their admission cycle that their being elitist is premature.

keating
General Applicant

OVR : MSLA
MSAT : 194
Σ : 382
Exam : 2023-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wedley Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:41 pm

bradford don't want you bro!

wedley
General Applicant

OVR : 90
MSAT : 207
Σ : 0
Exam : 2023-07-24

luck, Ewen, hannah and diggy agree.

xjdog disagrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by diggy Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:58 pm

i think it is fair to ask why they've moving so slow tho like damn!

diggy
MSLA ‘26

OVR : 97
MSAT : 213
Σ : 423
Exam : 2023-04-15

Ewen agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by chanth Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:00 pm

diggy wrote:i think it is fair to ask why they've moving so slow tho like damn!
I mean there are other schools that are moving just as slow (and some even slower!). I think we're only paying so much attention to B because they're a T10.

chanth
Vale University ‘26

OVR : 98
MSAT : 215
Σ : 430
Exam : 2023-07-22

vanessa agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by vanessa Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:01 pm

chanth wrote:
diggy wrote:i think it is fair to ask why they've moving so slow tho like damn!
I mean there are other schools that are moving just as slow (and some even slower!). I think we're only paying so much attention to B because they're a T10.
i really hope you get into bradford. i'm rooting for you!

vanessa
General Applicant

OVR : 96
MSAT : 211
Σ : 422
Exam : 2023-07-18

Ewen and hannah agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by MembersOnly Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:02 pm

I think this is such an odd post. Bradford is an elite institution so what's wrong with them being elitist?

MembersOnly
Walton School ‘26

OVR : 96
MSAT : 211
Σ : 419
Exam : 2023-01-08

hannah disagrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ewen Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:18 pm

MembersOnly wrote:I think this is such an odd post. Bradford is an elite institution so what's wrong with them being elitist?
weird position but a logical one

Ewen
General Applicant

OVR : 78
MSAT : 201
Σ : 396
Exam : 2022-11-22

hannah agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down