Multiply
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applying to Huggington?

+6
xjdog
narwhal
KingWiz
toughkale
hippojuice
ace
10 posters

Go down

Applying to Huggington? Empty Applying to Huggington?

Post by ace Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:26 pm

I heard the median MSAT at Huggington is a 183. Anyone else applying? Do I have a reasonable shot? I have limited work experience, but it's meaningful. My letters of recommendation are pretty solid as well. Think I'll be okay?

ace
General Applicant

MSAT : 181
Σ : 359
Exam : 2022-10-22

Back to top Go down

Applying to Huggington? Empty Re: Applying to Huggington?

Post by hippojuice Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 pm

I'm applying. I think you might get waitlisted at worst, but I think those are good enough odds to apply. Just my 2 cents.

hippojuice
General Applicant

OVR : Payne University
MSAT : 186
Σ : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by toughkale Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:39 pm

Huggington has gotten a little more competitive as of late. I would suggest that if you have another take in you, do it. A 185 MSAT would add a lot more strength to your application, especially serving to compensate for a GPA on the lower end. If your 181 is your first attempt, that's stellar, and you would probably end up in the high 180s or lower 190s if you retook it.

toughkale
General Applicant

OVR : Pike University
MSAT : 191
Σ : 382

xjdog and KingWiz agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWiz Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:43 pm

retake the MSAT. i know you don't want to hear that but if you want an acceptance at H, it's what you'll have to do.

KingWiz
General Applicant

OVR : MSLA
MSAT : 192
Σ : 378

xjdog agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingWiz Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:47 pm

hippojuice wrote:I'm applying. I think you might get waitlisted at worst, but I think those are good enough odds to apply. Just my 2 cents.
honestly, u should retake too. both you and OP should be aiming for the 190s. i know it sounds overkill, but overall higher scores are going up. the competition is rising. there are double the amount of people scoring in the 190s than last year's term.
this is all assuming you have another take. if you do, retake.

side note: it amazes me how many people who score in the 180s on their first try do not retake for a higher score. it is almost certain that if you retake you would either score in the high 180s or the low 190s.

KingWiz
General Applicant

OVR : MSLA
MSAT : 192
Σ : 378

xjdog agrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by perfectbutterfly Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:52 pm

KingWiz wrote:
hippojuice wrote:I'm applying. I think you might get waitlisted at worst, but I think those are good enough odds to apply. Just my 2 cents.
honestly, u should retake too. both you and OP should be aiming for the 190s. i know it sounds overkill, but overall higher scores are going up. the competition is rising. there are double the amount of people scoring in the 190s than last year's term.

side note: it amazes me how many people who score in the 180s on their first try do not retake for a higher score. it is almost certain that if you retake you would either score in the high 180s or the low 190s.

the only reason i'm agreeing with you is because the two poster's have low GPAs. in their case, it would be best to retake because not only is their MSAT median a 183, their GPA median is a 3.62. both of these guys are sitting pretty below the gpa median, and more work is going to have to be done with the MSAT.

now, if your gpa is sitting close to, at, or above the median listed above, then I don't think it's necessary to have a 190 MSAT score for a good shot at Huggington. hell, i don't even think anyone needs a 190 to be a shoe-in if you have the gpa. of course, strive as high as you can, but don't think you're doomed or at a major disadvantage if you can't muster up a 190+.

perfectbutterfly
General Applicant

OVR : 18
MSAT : 177
Σ : 354

Back to top Go down

Post by narwhal Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:01 am

KingWiz wrote:

this is kind of poor advice. i think both posters should retake if they feel they can increase their score. if not, it's not a good idea to retake because of the possibility of doing worse. the consequence of that is an averaged score, and an average score will be lower than your first attempt. as for the score, a 190 is a bit high. i think a 185+ would make OP a fairly competitive candidate.

narwhal
General Applicant

OVR : Easton University
MSAT : 193
Σ : 386

xjdog disagrees.

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:03 am

narwhal wrote:
KingWiz wrote:

this is kind of poor advice. i think both posters should retake if they feel they can increase their score. if not, it's not a good idea to retake because of the possibility of doing worse. the consequence of that is an averaged score, and an average score will be lower than your first attempt. as for the score, a 190 is a bit high. i think a 185+ would make OP a fairly competitive candidate.

it's not poor advice. they need to retake the fucking exam. scores have been higher for a lot of people this go-round and in turn it's raising the medians. with these guy's low GPAs, they have a lot of fucking ground to cover. the 190s can make up for any GPA in the ranges of these guys, regardless of any other stats. y'all want to be shoe-ins? get into the fucking 190s.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

OVR : 56
Σ : 380

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:06 am

perfectbutterfly wrote:
KingWiz wrote:

the only reason i'm agreeing with you is because the two poster's have low GPAs. in their case, it would be best to retake because not only is their MSAT median a 183, their GPA median is a 3.62. both of these guys are sitting pretty below the gpa median, and more work is going to have to be done with the MSAT.

now, if your gpa is sitting close to, at, or above the median listed above, then I don't think it's necessary to have a 190 MSAT score for a good shot at Huggington. hell, i don't even think anyone needs a 190 to be a shoe-in if you have the gpa. of course, strive as high as you can, but don't think you're doomed or at a major disadvantage if you can't muster up a 190+.

your input is not welcome here. with your stats, you'd be a waitlist AT BEST at Huggington. if I were you, i'd listen to the replies that sound like mine and get with the other two posters who need to retake.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

Back to top Go down

Post by peaches Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 am

xjdog wrote:
perfectbutterfly wrote:
KingWiz wrote:

your input is not welcome here. with your stats, you'd be a waitlist AT BEST at Huggington. if I were you, i'd listen to the replies that sound like mine and get with the other two posters who need to retake.

jesus, @xjdog. while they do need to retake, let's not try to insult each others stats while in the process of giving advice.

peaches
General Applicant

OVR : Rosen University
MSAT : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by cookiemonster12 Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:11 am

@xjdog, shut the fuck up, please. I'm someone who got into Huggington last year with the stats listed on my profile.

cookiemonster12
General Applicant

OVR : 23
MSAT : 179
Σ : 358

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:13 am

cookiemonster12 wrote:@xjdog, shut the fuck up, please. I'm someone who got into Huggington last year with the stats listed on my profile.
do you see your gpa compared to theirs? after you look, tell me they don't need to retake moron

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

Back to top Go down

Post by xjdog Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:21 am

peaches wrote:
xjdog wrote:
perfectbutterfly wrote:
KingWiz wrote:

jesus, @xjdog. while they do need to retake, let's not try to insult each others stats while in the process of giving advice.

i'm not insulting them. i'm being honest with them. if @perfectbutterfly applied with those stats as they are, they would be waitlisted at best, and more than likely rejected. i saw on another post that @perfectbutterly specifically has only taken one exam. they would be an idiot not to take advantage of their last attempt and aim to get into the 190s. even if they didn't crack 190 per se, they'd be a helluva lot closer to median than they are now. so why the fuck not? keep practicing, and get there.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

Back to top Go down

Post by perfectbutterfly Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:24 am

well @xjdog, i plan to retake the MSAT, but I don't intend on applying on Huggington. I was just trying to add some advice into the mix. I didn't know I had to have a certain MSAT score to do that.

thanks for the advice anyway, asshole

perfectbutterfly
General Applicant

OVR : 18
MSAT : 177
Σ : 354

Back to top Go down

Post by ablue tux Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:29 pm

I would say to retake because I think everyone has the potential to break into the 190s given enough practice. I took it twice. My first was a 172 (80, -8 ) and 193 (93, -0). It's doable, but it takes practice.

ablue tux
General Applicant

OVR : Easton University
Σ : 386
Exam : 2022-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum