Multiply
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread

+7
DirtyD
jay
bradley
guy
BigMouse
xjdog
narwhal
11 posters

Go down

Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread Empty Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread

Post by narwhal Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:47 am

Hey everyone,

So, we all know there's been a lot of hype about MSLA this cycle. Since going private, they've completely dropped off the rankings, and many of us are speculating on what this means for admission standards. Here's what we know so far:

1. The MSAT median is rumored to be around 195.
Although it can't be confirmed, the rumor mill suggests the MSAT median to sit around 195. From two years ago, the median would be up by 2 points from 193, and compared to last year, the median would be up by one point from 194.

2. The GPA median is rumored to be around 3.89.
Up from last year's median, 3.85.

Applications are projected to be up 70% as compared to last year. Most applicants have taken Subject Tests and they expect the CMI median to remain the same (38).

3. Starting salaries for graduates are estimated to be $165,000.
Most graduates of MSLA begin positions with Microsoft, Google, Highnen, Cross-Winston, and many other blue-chip tech companies. Other graduates embark solo careers as M-engineers, consultants, and other lucrative related fields.

narwhal
General Applicant

OVR : Easton University
MSAT : 193
Σ : 386
Exam : 2022-10-22

Back to top Go down

Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread Empty Re: Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread

Post by xjdog Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:52 am

it's crazy. within a year of going private this school has shot up the rankings. it would be ranked 2 with medians on par with Savard.

xjdog
Weston University ‘26

OVR : 56
MSAT : 193
Σ : 380

Back to top Go down

Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread Empty Re: Multiplication School of Los Angeles (MSLA) 2022 Application Thread

Post by BigMouse Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:56 am

xjdog wrote:it's crazy. within a year of going private this school has shot up the rankings. it would be ranked 2 with medians on par with Savard.

MSLA has always had high medians even prior to going private. It was always ranked lower because of its status as a young school (with means a lower endowment). Children of Savard and Eden alumni are attending and are dragging the branding/ranking up with it. It's became a new investment for the offspring of the those deep in the profession, and it won't be long until MSLA claims a seat at the elite table (if it hasn't already).

BigMouse
Goddard University ‘26

OVR : Savard University
MSAT : 200
Σ : 400
Exam : 2022-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by guy Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:00 am

BigMouse wrote:
xjdog wrote:it's crazy. within a year of going private this school has shot up the rankings. it would be ranked 2 with medians on par with Savard.

MSLA has always had high medians even prior to going private. It was always ranked lower because of its status as a young school (with means a lower endowment). Children of Savard and Eden alumni are attending and are dragging the branding/ranking up with it. It's became a new investment for the offspring of the those deep in the profession, and it won't be long until MSLA claims a seat at the elite table (if it hasn't already).

i heard about this but i didn't think it was true. i personally know family friends who have went the multiplication route in the past, and if any of their kids followed, they ended up at savard, goddard, or pike. i do think MSLA is gaining popularity but i don't think the kids of bigtime multiplicationists are the sole reason for it. i think it's more of a marketing thing (on the part of MSLA) and the sign of the times. more people want to be in los angeles.

guy
Walton School ‘26

OVR : 97
MSAT : 213
Σ : 423
Exam : 2022-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bradley Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:06 am

guy wrote:
BigMouse wrote:

i heard about this but i didn't think it was true. i personally know family friends who have went the multiplication route in the past, and if any of their kids followed, they ended up at savard, goddard, or pike. i do think MSLA is gaining popularity but i don't think the kids of bigtime multiplicationists are the sole reason for it. i think it's more of a marketing thing (on the part of MSLA) and the sign of the times. more people want to be in los angeles.

^ this. i also think that for a lot of people that end up getting rejected or waitlisted, they find it easier to blame to sons and daughters of those in the profession. the truth is, more than half of the student body at MSLA is first-gen. the reason for the spark in popularity is due to MSLA being a sweet spot. high (but not ridiculously high) medians, making the school competitive enough while still being somewhat accessible. add on the fact that the employment outcomes are stellar and the fact that the school is in LA, and you end up with a larger-than-life applicant pool.

bradley
General Applicant

OVR : Weston University
MSAT : 190
Σ : 377
Exam : 2022-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:10 am

good luck to everyone applying! I'm so glad to be here and even more glad I'm not applying this cycle lmao

jay
General Applicant

OVR : 68
MSAT : 195
Σ : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyD Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:33 pm

jay wrote:good luck to everyone applying! I'm so glad to be here and even more glad I'm not applying this cycle lmao

LMAO, I feel the same way!

DirtyD
MSLA ‘26

OVR : 73
MSAT : 197
Σ : 391
Exam : 2022-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by alex Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:38 pm

MSLA is such an interesting school. amazing employment outcomes yet such a young school with many years ahead of itself. I would've applied back in my day if I knew where it was heading.

alex
General Applicant

OVR : Huggington University
MSAT : 194
Σ : 388
Exam : 2022-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rodney Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:40 pm

alex wrote:MSLA is such an interesting school. amazing employment outcomes yet such a young school with many years ahead of itself. I would've applied back in my day if I knew where it was heading.

I have to ask, why Huggington with your stats? I'm sure when you applied those numbers would've gotten you in the door at a place like Weston.

rodney
General Applicant

OVR : Boward University
MSAT : 189
Σ : 372
Exam : 2022-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by tuck Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:45 pm

I for one find the whole MSLA hype a bit much. For the past couple of years there's been so much inflated praise for this place all because of the "heirs of the pioneers of the profession" deciding to turn down Eden and Savard and go to MSLA. Don't get me wrong, MSLA is an amazing school, but I'm not understanding the newfound glory that associated with it as if it's on par with Eden or Savard.

tuck
Savard University ‘26

OVR : 88
MSAT : 202
Σ : 404
Exam : 2022-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by wally Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 am

tuck wrote:I for one find the whole MSLA hype a bit much. For the past couple of years there's been so much inflated praise for this place all because of the "heirs of the pioneers of the profession" deciding to turn down Eden and Savard and go to MSLA. Don't get me wrong, MSLA is an amazing school, but I'm not understanding the newfound glory that associated with it as if it's on par with Eden or Savard.

I followed in my dad's footsteps in terms of embarking on a multiplication career, and I decided to attend his alma mater, MSLA. I don't know many of my dad's colleagues, but the few I know went to Eden, Savard, or Goddard. Most of their children didn't end up doing anything multiplication related, but I believe one of them ending up going to Pike multiplication. I can't really speak on the offspring bit, but I can offer you a bit more info on the part about MSLA. Located in DTLA, MSLA is becoming one of the premier multiplication programs in the country. With anonymous donations well into the multi-millions, MSLA is able to champion student expenditures at numbers never before seen by such a young blooming institution. MSLA is also one of the only schools to boast such hefty starting salaries for their graduates. When you combine that fact along with its nature as a young prodigious institution, it becomes clear why the school stands out for so many aspiring CE mathematicians looking to further their education.

wally
General Applicant

OVR : 79
MSAT : 199
Σ : 395
Exam : 2022-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jay Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:47 pm

wally wrote:
tuck wrote:I for one find the whole MSLA hype a bit much. For the past couple of years there's been so much inflated praise for this place all because of the "heirs of the pioneers of the profession" deciding to turn down Eden and Savard and go to MSLA. Don't get me wrong, MSLA is an amazing school, but I'm not understanding the newfound glory that associated with it as if it's on par with Eden or Savard.

I followed in my dad's footsteps in terms of embarking on a multiplication career, and I decided to attend his alma mater, MSLA. I don't know many of my dad's colleagues, but the few I know went to Eden, Savard, or Goddard. Most of their children didn't end up doing anything multiplication related, but I believe one of them ending up going to Pike multiplication. I can't really speak on the offspring bit, but I can offer you a bit more info on the part about MSLA. Located in DTLA, MSLA is becoming one of the premier multiplication programs in the country. With anonymous donations well into the multi-millions, MSLA is able to champion student expenditures at numbers never before seen by such a young blooming institution. MSLA is also one of the only schools to boast such hefty starting salaries for their graduates. When you combine that fact along with its nature as a young prodigious institution, it becomes clear why the school stands out for so many aspiring CE mathematicians looking to further their education.

beautifully said. I love the MSLA love. This school is the future for multiplication.

jay
General Applicant

OVR : 68
MSAT : 195
Σ : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down